Wednesday, February 22, 2006

This chick ROCKS!!!


Anyone who knows me, knows I fucking love METAL! I have always loved metal and I am happy for anyone who keeps it alive!!! Now I love Lennon Murphy (yes Love!). She is going to be at Wise Fools Pub on February 23rd & 24th in Chicago with her buddy Shannon Curfman. I suggest everyone go check her out now before she is very big!

I’m not a critic, so I don’t know shit about music appreciation, but I know that this shit CRUNCHES and that’s cool! Go to her MySpace profile or her website to listen to more (I strongly suggest you check out Main Gravel Road! I listened to it about three times!)
How does one sum up the life of 22-year-old female rock artist Lennon Murphy? Do you start with the death of her only parent at the age of 18, the two year successful battle for adoption of her 10 year old sister, the release of her debut album on tragic Sept. 11, 2001 her departure from Arista Records due to internal problems, and give into the poor little girl tale that every article in her press book leaves you pondering; or do you look past the story, look past the sexual imagery, and discover Lennon in the honesty of her music.
Here is a note from Lennon to me (on Myspace):
"I was surfing around today and I checked out your profile. Thought you might want to be my friend and check out a few of my songs. I am also playing a show …Feb 23rd & Feb 24th in Chicago @ Wise Fools Pub with my buddy Shannon Curfman, hope you can make it out."
That’s right Canadians! She wants to be my friend!!! ME!!! Oh, and she’s hot! VERY HOT so go check out her show!!! Or if you're not in Chicago this week go to Amazon and pick up a copy of her album "I Am", or her album "5:30 Saturday Morning." Here is a link to her album "Career Suicide" with my favorite song Main Gravel Road.