Saturday, June 23, 2007

iPhone, tPhone; uPhone, wePhone

The world will forever be changed in six (6) days when Apple releases its new iPhone. Will we still need mobile phones, iPods, and laptops? A few years ago books, videos, and television were the only places to find information outside of museums. On June 29th, for a few hundred dollars we can have the Information Superhighway crammed up our asses everywhere we go.

I can remember August of 1995 when Windows 95 was being released! There were ads in Newspapers and people sleeping in front of the stores to plunk down their hard-earned money to own a copy. Will there be the same hysteria on June 27 for the iPhone?

To be honest, since I've been watching the commercials, I now want one too!!! Am I brainwashed by their marketing, or is it a cool product?

There is only one thing I do NOT like about it:
"To set up your iPhone, you'll need an account with Apple's iTunes Store."
How many different music accounts do I need?

The tPhone is a Chinese knock-0ff and it uses a T-Mobile chip which means any similar chip should work. I predict in twelve months every company will be coming out with a handheld "iPhone" type device. Microsoft, Nokia, Samsung, Sony... Then the price will start coming down.

Link to the tPhone video...

Via K

Labels: