Monday, February 20, 2006

Olympic Cheerleaders?


I don't understand the Olympics and I damn sure don't understand Olympic Cheerleaders!

TURIN, Italy - The Dutch oom-pah band had just finished Queen's ubiquitous rock anthem "We Will Rock You" and the crowd was on its feet Sunday night, stamping and clapping. Then the Olympic cheerleaders ran onto the skating oval.

Dead silence. Followed by boos.

This almost makes me wish I had a Tivo. Almost. It's not a bad idea though. Take the best cheerleaders of each nation and have them face off naked in an ice wrestling contest! Now THAT I would watch! Here is the whole article.

Update:

Here is an exclusive interview with NBC Tool - Al Roker and the Italian Cheerleaders! My interest in the Olympics has suddenly increased fivefold. That means it has gone from a zero to a five (on a scale of 1 to 100)!!! My apologies for all the MSN and NBC Nazi propoganda you have to wade through.