Monday, February 20, 2006

Finally, Hotel California Explained


This is an explanation of one of the lines in Hotel California. I always thought the Eagles were singing about kittens, daisies, and fluffy clouds?
My fave, posted to the Usenet by Thomas Dzubin of Vancouver, British Columbia: "There was this fireworks factory just three blocks from the Hotel California . . . and it blew up! Big tragedy. One of the workers was named Wurn Snell and he was from the town of Colitas in Greece. One of the workers who escaped the explosion talked to another guy . . . I think it was probably Don Henley . . . and Don asked what the guy saw. The worker said, "Wurn Snell of Colitas . . . rising up through the air."
I have never been a genius at figuring out words or lyrics to songs but I enjoyed this explanation. And when I found out what COLITAS meant, I REALLY enjoyed this explanation.

Labels: